Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Aren't we the cutest couple! I still can't believe that tomorrow we will be married for 3 years! Oh I remember what happened 3 years ago and this time. We had our Rehearsal Dinner and decorated the church. Me and my friends went back to our first house. Lil Hubby was staying at his parents house! So we have my friends fiancé drop us off at our house. We lived at a nice house that had a horrible drive way that if you backed out wrong you could go off the drive way.. So he leaves and we hear a horrible sound and then someone knocking on the door. We yell go way!! But we opened it any way and her fiancé had backed out wrong and got stuck. So we had to call lil hubby to come and get him unstuck! So no problem there, they both leave. So we decided to try on my wedding dress to show it to my friends so I did and then came out to show them and it was bustled in the back some how I miss stepped and broke the string that is supposed to bustle my dress with. No biggie my mom can fix that. While I am in my dress I start to smell something burning. I go change and start searching every room I could smell it worse in the kitchen. So I call my mom to have her come over and smell. So I called once and it was about 12:00 at night and no one answered. So my friends convince me to call 911! So I did I was so scared. Let me say this also I lived right down the road from the new big Firehouse!!! So the call goes out and a police man come over first and says for us to sit outside. So we get to see all the trucks go down to the fire station. I was worried they were going to use the sirens to come to my house. Thank goodness they didn't. We had a lot of firemen at my house that night and no one could figure out where the smell was coming from. Oh yeah in the mean time I called lil hubby and told him what was going on and he said he would be right there. So he left his parents house to come back to check on us. They thought it could have been something in the attic or the next door neighbor was burning a candle, it was a duplex. So they left lil hubby left . We went to bed. We got up early the next morning and start getting ready. So let me tell you what that smell really was. We didn't figure it out till a couple of weeks later. Now I am going to look really bad but oh well. So what I didn't mention earlier is when we got home I started the dishwasher and there was plastic lids and things in there. I put it on the heated dry load. So what happened was one of the lids fell in the bottom of the dishwasher in the heating element. So when it turn on it started melting the lid and made it smell like something was burning. So yeah it was very embarrassing. All in all we had a wonderful wedding. It has been a wonderful 3 years and I can't wait for the next 50 years! Here is one more picture of all the family that was at my wedding. Can you name them all???